Let’s face it, most people do not want or need to spend a lot of money when purchasing a new toilet. A toilet that flushes strongly and has good working parts will satisfy most anyone. That becomes even truer if that toilet looks good and saves you on your water bill. Well, that perfectly describes the Toto Drake II Series of Toilets. It is becoming a very popular toilet so we decided to do some Toto Drake II toilet reviews on the different models they have available in this series.
These toilets are not fancy by any means. They are basic in looks but it is their premier inner workings that set them apart from other models in their class. Most people who have purchased these toilets say they are extremely happy they did. Let’s explore this fine toilet series a little further.
- Toto CST454CUFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet 1.0gpf
- Water Consumption : 1.0 GPF
- Product Dimensions : 28.5 x 15 x 30 inches
- Shape : Elongated
- Flush Type : Tornado Flush™ Flushing System
- Color: White
- TOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet with Elongated Bowl and Sanagloss
- Water Consumption : 1.28 GPF
- Product Dimensions : 28.8 x 16.5 x 29.4 inches
- Shape : Elongated
- Flush Type : Gravity Flush Toilets
- Color : Cotton White
Best Selling Toto Drake II Toilets
1. Toto CST454CUFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet 1.0gpfThis is a really well-made toilet that will go nicely in a variety of different bathroom settings. It has a mix of both contemporary and modern styling. The best thing about this model is it uses only a scant 1 gallon of water per flush.
Dimensions: 28.5” x 15” x 30”
2. TOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet 1.28gpfThis model is exactly the same in every way with the model toilet described above except for one important thing. It is not quite as efficient when it flushes. This toilet uses 1.28 gallons per flush. Despite that, it is still considered a very efficient model as far as water usage goes.
Dimensions: 28.5” x 15” x 30”
Toto Drake II Toilet Key Characteristics
Here are some key things to note about the toilets in this series from Toto:
This toilet comes in two pieces which make it much easier to deliver and install. You never have to handle more than ½ of its weight at one time. Two-piece constructed toilets tend to save you a little money also.
Comfortable height seating
It is made to have a seat 17 ¼ inch seat height that will sit just about anyone comfortably. This is especially true for average size and taller people. T may be a little too high for children.
All the model toilets in the Toto Drake II series meet the ADA standards for being a water saving toilet because they all use less than 1.6 gallons per flush. The model that only uses 1 gallon per flush is considered to be an ultra-high efficiency toilet.
Tornado flush technology
These toilets may only use a little bit of water but they still feature a very strong flush. This is due to their proprietary “tornado flush’ technology.
Hard to clog
These model toilets have a special computer designed wide trapway that makes them hard to clog up. Especially since these trapways’ are coated with a smooth glaze. That makes it very hard for anything to stick to them.
Decent assortment of colors
You don’t just have to settle for a plain white toilet with the models either. They are available in one of five different colors. You can even get this series toilet in black if you can live without the improved CeFiONtect Glaze finish.
Strong and easy to clean material
Its vitreous china construction is among the best materials toilets can be made from. Once this material is coated with Toto’s proprietary CeFiONtect Glaze finish the material is easy to clean because the solid matter has trouble sticking to it.
This line of toilets comes with a very ordinary warranty. It is just a one-year limited warranty that is very standard for the industry.
The Good and Bad with the Toto Drake II Toilet Line
Here are the best and worst things about this line of toilets:
- Wide glazed trap for improved drain flow
- Powerful flush
- Made from sturdy vitreous china
- Universal seat height
- Water saving design
- Easy to handle during installation
- It’s a harder to clean two-piece toilet
- Seat is a little high for some
- Installation is a little different than with other toilets
Read more on top-rated Toto Toilet reviews
|PRODUCT||WATER CONSUMPTION||DIMENSIONS||SHAPE||FLUSH TYPE||COLOR|
|Toto CST454CUFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet 1.0gpf||1.0 GPF||28.5 x 15 x 30 inches||Elongated||Tornado Flush™ Flushing System||White|
|TOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet 1.28gpf||1.28 GPF||28.8 x 16.5 x 29.4 inches||Elongated||Gravity Flush Toilets||Cotton White|
Summing Up the Toto Drake II Toilet Series
We really like the design of this toilet. It is not for everyone because you would not want to put it in your child’s bathroom. It may also not be fancy enough to put in an extravagant bathroom either. These model toilets will surely be a perfect match for any other type of bathroom setting.
There is so much to like about them such as their efficient and powerful flush. They are also easy to install and you will rarely if ever see them get clogged up. These highest rated toilets will also last you a very long time without getting stains in the process. We were very impressed with what we found these toilets featured when doing our Toto Drake II toilet reviews.
They are an affordable series of toilets that you would do well to check out further before you make your toilet purchase.