Every once in a while we see a toilet line that seems to be selling more than other brands. That is exactly what’s happening with the Toto Ultramax II line of toilets. People say they work very well and they are saving money on their water bill with them too. That is why we decided to take the time to do a Toto Ultramax II review and see if these toilets are as good as advertised.
There is nothing fancy about this line of toilets. All the models have a basic elongated and modern shape to them. That is not meant to indicate that they don’t look good. What seems to set them apart from other toilets is what is on the inside of them. Let’s take a closer look.
- TOTO MS604114CEFG#01 ULTRAMAX II ELONGATED ONE PIECE TOILET
- Water Consumption : 1.28 GPF
- Product Dimensions : 28.3 x 16.6 x 28.8 inches
- Shape : Elongated
- Flush Type : Water Saving Toilets
- Material : Vitreous China
- TOTO MS854114EG#01 ECO ULTRAMAX ELONGATED ONE PIECE TOILET
- Water Consumption : 1.28 GPF
- Product Dimensions : 28 x 16.5 x 27.1 inches
- Shape : Elongated
- Flush Type : Jet flushing
- Material : Ceramic
Top Selling Toto Ultramax II Models
Here are the two most popular model toilets in this series:
1. TOTO MS604114CEFG#01 Ultramax II Elongated One Piece ToiletThis model toilet is very well-designed. It has a sleek one-piece look that is also hard for dirt to accumulate on thanks to its proprietary gloss finish. This model will also save you a lot of water in a years’ time. It will add up to several thousand less gallons of water used when compared to conventional flushing toilets.
Dimensions: 28.3 x 16.6 x 28.8
2. TOTO MS854114EG#01 Eco Ultramax Elongated One Piece ToiletThis toilet is exactly the same as the toilet described above with one little difference. It has more of a compact design to save space. It is only a slight difference and you can tell if how much it is when you compare both the provided dimensions.
Dimension: 28” x 16.5” x 27.1”
Toto Ultramax II Toilet Series Key Features
Here we analyze the important characteristics of this line of toilets:
Comfortable seat height
The seat height on these model toilets is set at 17 ¼ inches which is supposed to be the same seat height that is found in a comfortable chair. This makes using this toilet extremely comfortable for average and tall size users. Persons of smaller stature and children may not be quite as comfortable using it.
E-Max Flushing System
This is a flushing system that is designed to be quiet yet powerful. On most occasions, it will easily flush down even heavy solid waste in just a single flush. This also helps the bowl stay cleaner in-between washings.
Water saving technology
All of the toilets in this series feature a low 1.28 gallons per flush. That easily qualifies them as ADA compliant as far as water-saving standards are concerned. They will save you a significant amount of water usage each year.
Large assortment of colors
The regular model toilet (MS604114CEFG#01) comes in one of five different color choices. Unfortunately, the ECO model more compact toilet only comes with a white colored finish.
Durable and easy to clean surface material
All the model toilets in this series are made out of durable vitreous china. This material is also nicely coated with a finish that makes it very smooth so bacteria and solid matter have trouble sticking to it.
This toilet comes with a very basic warranty that seems to be consistent with industry standards for its class. Toto offers just a 1-year limited warranty with this model.
The Good and Bad with the Toto Ultramax II Toilet Line
Here are the best and worst things about this line of toilets:
- Water saving technology
- Basic looks that go well with many different bathroom settings
- Sleek one-piece design
- Good flushing technology
- Easy to clean
- Wide anti-clog glazed trapway
- CeFiONtect™ Glaze
- Excellent seat height for tall and average size users
- Single piece toilets are harder to install
- The seat is too tall for some to sit comfortably
- Sometimes require a second flush for solid waste
|PRODUCT||PRICE||WATER CONSUMPTION||DIMENSIONS||SHAPE||FLUSH TYPE||CERTIFICATION|
|TOTO MS604114CEFG#01 Ultramax II Elongated One Piece Toilet||$$$$||1.28 GPF||28.3 x 16.6 x 28.8 inches||Elongated||Water Saving Toilets||WaterSense|
|TOTO MS854114EG#01 Eco Ultramax Elongated One Piece Toilet||$$$||1.28 GPF||28 x 16.5 x 27.1 inches||Elongated||Siphon jet flushing||EPA's WaterSense program|
Our Final Thoughts on Toto Ultramax II Toilets
This Toto toilet is not the least costly toilet for its class nor is it the most expensive either. It also features just average looks and sits up a little high for some users. With that being said, it is a toilet that will blend in nicely with most bathroom settings and will work great while it’s there.
This is also a very efficient flushing toilet when it comes to water usage. That alone will help offset its cost over time.
Users claim they save a lot of money each year on their water bill with these model toilets.
It became clear during our Toto Ultramax II review that this is definitely a toilet line that is worth checking out if you are currently shopping for a new one.